Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: AW: Having problems getting KDevelop 1.0 . /configured on SuSE6.2

ck at rib.de ck at rib.de
Thu Aug 19 10:55:29 BST 1999

Charles,

>> No, KDE 1.1.1 is using QT 1.44, AFAIK. I think only KDE 2.0 will
>> be based on Qt2...
>>
>> I'm not sure if what you describe would work. [..]

Last night I tried it out and I finally got through ./configure. (I still
had to provide
the hint for the libXext.) So, apparently, on SuSE6.2, people have to make
sure that no Qt2.00
headers or libraries are installed while running ./configure.

My current problem is, that somewhere early on in the make process, the
file "X11/XLib.h" cannot be found. A quick "locate XLib.h" showed that it
was indeed not installed on my system. So, tonight I will have to figure
out which of the several thousand packages in the SuSE distro contains it.
More on that tomorrow.

Carsten Kuckuk
RIB Bausoftware GmbH
Stuttgart, Germany.