Problem with code generated by Kdevelop

Pascal Grosse grosse at irma.u-strasbg.fr
Thu Aug 19 02:58:52 BST 1999

Hello everybody,

I found a little problem in the code generated by kdevelop:
Proceed as follows : generate an application with menu bar and
toolbar. Then run it. Now, make the toolbar float, and quit
the program. When you launch it again, the toolbar should reappear
floating, as there is an automatic saving of all settings. But
the toolbar doesn't show at all.

It seems that the code generated by kdevelop is not correct.
To see what is wrong, look at the source code of kdevelop.
Kdevelop does handle toolbars correctly. In fact, the bar position
settings in K<your app>App::readOptions() must be put BEFORE
the bar status settings. And we have to add an explicit
enableToolBar(KToolBar::Show); if the toolbar is to be viewed.

Am I correct concerning those corrections ?

Pascal Grosse