Problems running kdevelop

Jono Bacon jb at linuxuk.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 19:17:20 BST 1999

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, you wrote:
> >%_I configured, made, and make installed kdevelop19990818.tar.gz.
> EVerything went smoothly, as opposed to the beta on the web page
> I downloaded that wouldn't compile with gcc2.95.  Now everytime I try to
> run /opt/kde/bin/kdevelop, I get a segmentation fault.  I guess the same
> error occurs when I try to use the K menu to access it.  It makes the
> hard drive blink for a second, and then nothing.  My system is RH5.2, qt
> 1.42, and kde 1.1.1-2

Do you have the Qt-Devel package installed as an RPM? And is your Qt-1.42
package an RPM? I had a SegFault problem caused by my Qt library being 1.42 and
my Qt-Devel being 1.44. Check that out.

I also suspect KDevelop has got a problem with 1.42. Just make sure your Qt is
sorted out correctly.

	Jono

---

Jono Bacon - [vmlinuz]

Email: jb at linuxuk.co.uk
ICQ  : 1758965

Linux - Opening Doors And Smashing Windows :-)