BUG REPORT AND SUGGESTIONS

Jono Bacon jb at linuxuk.co.uk
Sat Aug 14 21:29:51 BST 1999

Hello All,

I am currently beta testing KDevelop, and here is a bug report:

--> MY SYSTEM

PII233MMX
128MB SDRAM
Red Hat 6.0 - Kernel 2.2.11
KDE 1.1.1

KDevelop 19980814 Snapshot

--> BUGS:

#1: grave
When trying to compile a terminal based C++ program (which has been created in
KAppWizard), when I run the program (by clicking on the toolbar icon) the
program will be appear correctly, but when I press Enter to exit, the console
window will not respond and will not close (even when clicking on FILE-EXIT and
on the window buttons). Sometimes this happens and sometimes it does'nt. It is
quite random. When this bug occurs, the only way to get rid of the console
window is via the Stop toolbar button in KDevelop.

#2: critical
I was once adding a member function to a class by using the context menu by
right clicking on the class and choosing Add Member Function. When I had
entered my details and clicked on OK, KDevelop crashed and exited. This has
only occured once, although I have not tested this bug extensively.

#3: critical
When I was updating my documentation database in OPTIONS-KDEVELOP OPTIONS and I
used the browse box to look for more documentation paths, I set a bookmark for
/opt/kde/share/doc/HTML/default/kdevelop/reference, and then KDevelop crashed
and exited. This is a frequently occuring bug.

#4: critical
With this snapshot KDevelop seems to have been randomly exiting. I am not sure
why this is happening, it seems to be totally random. This is obviously a very
important bug.

--> SUGGESTIONS

Here are some suggestions I have for KDevelop:

#1:
In the ADD MEMBER VARIABLE in the context menu of a class, instead of the user
having to type in the variable type, could you include a drop down box with the
various variable types.

#2:
In the ADD NEW CLASS box (accessed via a context menu on a class), there is an
option for Base Class. I thought a drop down box containing the current classes
defined would be a nice option.

Cheers,

	Jono

---