Qt version

Albert Wagner alwagner at tcac.net
Sat Aug 14 03:19:51 BST 1999

Cory wrote:

> I have Red Hat 6.0 using KDE.  I don't know what version of Qt it came with,
> but I assume 2.0 or higher.
>
> When I tried to run the configure script, I got an error because Qt was not >=
> 1.42 and < 2.  What should I do in this situation?  Will kdevelop support Qt
> 2.x later on?  Should I replace whatever Qt version I have with 1.42?  How do
> I tell what version of Qt I have?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cory
> cory-p at usa.net
You have what you need (1.42 or 1.44). It just can't find it.
Did you install kpackage? If so, search the rpm database to see if 1.42
or 1.44 was installed.  (There are also command line ways to do this but
I am spoiled by kpackage; type: man rpm in a console if you don't have
kpackage)  This works if you installed it from an rpm. You probably need
to set up an environment variable for the Qt path.  e.g.

export $QTDIR=/usr/local   (OR /usr OR /opt/kde OR whatever),

so that the ./configure script can find the parent directory of the
/include and /lib directories that contain Qt.  If you found it with
kpackage, click on Files tab to see where it was put.  Otherwise, use
KFM-->File-->Find and search for qt.