Classparser bug

Pau Estalella Fernandez pau.estalella at upcnet.upc.es
Tue Aug 10 00:53:41 BST 1999

Hi everybody!

Looks like classparser has some problems when dealing with expressions
in the form

class GenConst : public GenNoChildren
{
   public:
     GENCOPY
     GenConst();
     float eval(FPoint p);
};

where GENCOPY is a #define expression containing a method definition.
When I click in the ClassViewer on the constructor GenConst() (which is
implemented in genconst.cpp), KDevelop takes me to genconst.h, where it
is defined, unable to find the implementation. My theory is that
ClassParser thinks that GENCOPY is the type of the function GenConst, so
it does not find the implementation in genconst.cpp.
You can reproduce this bug with any QT derived class, placing the
Q_OBJECT right before any member function  (well, technically speaking,
just the private members. Q_OBJECT ends with "private:" section :).

-- Pau Estalella --

pau.estalella at upcnet.upc.es