problem with installing KDevelop

Hartmut Seichter seichte1 at fossi.uni-weimar.de
Mon Aug 9 13:55:58 BST 1999

you should take a shell and type
$ cd [the_directory_kdeveloprpm_resists]
$ rpm -i [the_kdeveloprpmfilename]

now you get a list of dependencies KDevelop needs. This packages are
required to install it. sometimes the libs or else are still installed but
maybe the RPM-database is damaged - if so (and you are sure), you could
use -ignore-dependencies. further more check out the man-pages to rpm.

if you got a SUSE - distribution don't think about to use yast's
install-package - it overides all dependencies!!!!!

hope it will help a littlebit ...

greetz texx