KDevelop 1.0 Beta 1 (a bit off-topic)

James Oakley jfunk at roadrunner.nf.net
Tue Aug 3 04:35:42 BST 1999

Sven Bergner wrote:

> I think in the world of Open Source it is very difficult to have an road
> map, because all the people who are developing they do it in their spare
> time. And the do it for their own joy. So everyone is implementing
> something when he wants to and not when he read it to do it in an road
> map.

Um, it depends on the developer. Often, a new developer will want to
join a project just to help bring it to light. They always want to know
what's being done, what's not being done, etc, so that they can browse
through a "task list," pick something to work on, and state that they
are working on it.

I guess it's more important for new projects. We're currently still
trying to define exactly what we want for OpenBIOS, and there are a lot
of lurkers on the list waiting for something to do while we discuss a
32-bit BIOS, how to load NIC drivers, the OS, etc.

James Oakley
jfunk at roadrunner.nf.net