kdev-python: plans to add support for PyQt6 & PySide2/6 ?

Björn Strömberg bjorn.stromberg86 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 10:20:20 GMT 2024

> > this is the reason for this mailing list 'thread', to find out of this
> > project actually still is viable or if a fork is the only way forward.
>
> Please don't fork things, I'm more than happy to work with you to
> upstream any reasonable patches you have to make things work better.
>
> Greetings,
> Sven

Sounds good, what process do we have for this?

I've already created a working copy on invent.kde.org for the project, do
we use gitlab (issues / merge requests) to collaborate the process from me
-> upstream (you) or is the mailing list + patches workflow perfered?

I'm sure there will be a learning curve to match the current kdev-python
plugin codebase, and especially kdevelop codebase since i have barely
looked at it before, so i guess there will be a few bumps in the road to
getting the code production quality..

/Björn