How to work on KDevelop with KDevelop

Benjamin Huth benjamin-huth at t-online.de
Sat Feb 24 13:24:54 GMT 2024

Thanks to both of you, Sven and Igor!

Actually I was unaware of the fact that the session each launch an own
instance, I always thought that there is just an additional MainWindow
created...

But that makes it all far more easy to setup now, especially with your
pointers, Igor.

After having done this, I actually wonder if it wouldn't be nice to add
this info e.g. to https://kdevelop.org/contribute-kdevelop/, because
actually the information currently on the website is not super helpful
with that... There is also only described the build with kdesrc-build,
but it seems like that it is also quite common to just build against the
system libraries (which I did as well, and which is simpler in my
opinion...)

I would be willing to draft/rewrite these parts on the website, but I
don't know how to get started with this...

Cheers,
Benjamin