Install/build KDevelop without elevated privileges

Alberto Melacini amelacini at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 03:15:45 BST 2023

Dear KDevelo-ers

Thank you for your feedback so far.

This is my situation at the moment

Trying to build KDevelop locally without sudo privileges proved to be
harder than I thought - I hit a few brickwalls ;-)

I resorted to KDevelop.AppImage 5.6.1

After reading the KDevelop Handbook and trying to set up a few different
types of project: I can run *Execute Launch* but *Debug Launch* regularly
crashes gdb.
However, before I report any bug I want to make sure that there's no
wrong-doing at my end.

*However*, my real show stopper is that I cannot get to enable *Run >
Attach To Process.*
Googling around I noticed a bug report in 4.x but that particular problem
is marked as fixed.

Can anybody assist me in find out how to do an *Attach To Process?*

Thank you kindly

  Alberto