Retirement of Drupal 7/8 sites (kdevelop, skrooge, blogs, behindkde)

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Jan 16 09:29:02 GMT 2023

On Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 9:28 PM Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:

> On Sonntag, 15. Januar 2023 08:04:18 CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> <snip>
>
> > In the case of KDevelop and Skrooge, it would make the most sense to
> > convert them both into Hugo websites to minimise the long term
> maintenance
> > cost and to make them part of the KDE family of sites.
> > If anyone would like to work on this please contact me and I will arrange
> > for a sanitized database copy to be made available to you.
> >
> > In the event that doesn't happen, converting them into static sites seems
> > like the best path forward.
>
> I agree, we really need to make the kdevelop website a static one. One way
> or
> another, can you please send me the database copy already such that we
> keep
> that state archived at least?

Sysadmin keeps an archive of all infrastructure we decommission, which this
will be included in. It will sit alongside the old akademy2010-2012 Drupal
6 sites (since made static), a backup copy of Bugzilla made prior to the
upgrade from 3.2, a backup copy of Reviewboard made prior to our transition
to Phabricator and even a copy of our CVS repository (if there is a service
we have discontinued, odds are it has ended up in the archive)

I can send you a copy of the site database and files if you'd like though.

https://github.com/danapsimer/drupal2hugo is your friend there I believe.

> Thanks
>
> --
> Milian Wolff