New KDevelop release this year?

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Oct 20 19:17:50 BST 2021

Am Dienstag, 5. Oktober 2021, 14:41:36 CEST schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> wanted: a release of 5.6 (or 5.7?) scheduled until including begin of
> December (actually in time for KDE Gear 21.12.0), so it can carry a patch
> which updates to the KF version of Grantlee (currently WIP), up as draft
> for now at https://invent.kde.org/kdevelop/kdevelop/-/merge_requests/264
>
> See https://phabricator.kde.org/T14887 for details of the Grantlee KF
> import.
>
> Is anyone up to work on such a release?

Thanks all for your replies. KF-ication of Grantlee is currently pending over
communication delays sadly, so the initial motivation to ask for a new
KDevelop release is currently not a pressing issue.

But it showed me some other issue, for which there will be a parallel new
thread, look out for "Moving KDevelop to Release service coverage?".

Cheers
Friedrich