New KDevelop release this year?

Jonathan Verner jonathan at temno.eu
Thu Oct 14 00:00:00 BST 2021

Hi,

I would love to help.

> I can work on parts of the release(s) other than macOS, Windows and
> AppImage.

I can look into the AppImage part, hopefully that shouldn't be too hard
(famous last words).

As far as Windows is concerned, the last time it was brought up on this list,
I think the consensus was that it was not ready yet (please correct me if I am
wrong). For what its worth, the master branch can be built with craft using
msvc2019 and runs, but it does have some rough edges: e.g. I can reliably get
it to freeze with a largish C++ project, building a CMake project insists (and
fails) on using ninja even though cmake generates VS projects, because that is
its default on win. I don't think I have enough energy and knowledge to fix
this, and definitely not before December.

Also I can try to help with reviewing merge requests, but my knowledge of
the kdevelop codebase is not very thorough.

Cheers,

Jonathan