D15532: [Astyle] Add Objective C to list of languages with formatters

Igor Kushnir noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 11 13:38:18 BST 2021

igorkushnir added a comment.

  If no one has objections or suggestions on this topic, I am going to create a //shared-mime-info// merge request tomorrow: this patch plus tests F10046218: shared-mime-info.patch <https://phabricator.kde.org/F10046218>

  My best judgment on the questions above:

  1. Neither of the names is widely used. The //text/x-objc++src// name is consistent with the existing names //text/x-c++src// and //text/x-objcsrc//. So I am going to use it, and once merged, create the renaming KSyntaxHighlighting merge request.
  2. Haven't seen any //*.M// files, so won't use this extension.
  3. No longer relevant: I found out that for two MIME types to share common magic elements, MIME type inheritance is a more elegant and the only working approach.
  4. Will create a KDevelop merge request that removes all mentions of //text/x-objchdr//.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D15532