KDevelop website

Carl Schwan carl at carlschwan.eu
Sun Feb 14 12:02:02 GMT 2021

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
Le dimanche, février 14, 2021 1:06 AM, Sven Brauch <mail at svenbrauch.de> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> On 2/14/21 12:53 AM, Carl Schwan wrote:
>
> > I just have a small requirement, can we port the website to
> > Hugo during that process?
>
> Getting away from Drupal 7 would certainly be amazing! I'm personally
> not very happy with Drupal overall anyways, don't know about the others
> who occasionally edit that website. (I don't remember Kevin being a fan
> either, though.) But in any case, support for Drupal 7 ends in a few
> months and we have to move away.

I thought the Kdevelop website was using Drupal 8 that is still getting
EOL in November 2021.

> Layout-wise, I don't think the current site is absolutely terrible, I
> think it contains the needed information in a reasonably organized way.
> The presentation certainly has its weaknesses though, so if you are
> motivated, it is from my point of view much appreciated if you come up
> with something better!

Yes the current website is not bad. The big weakness in my opinion is the
homepage. It is showing a big list of screenshots and I think an good and
simple improvement would be to replace those with the feature page, since it
gives a better overview of all features (and is a lot faster to load). The
text on the homepage should be left aligned instead of centered.

This simple changes could be made without any change to the backend or
the theme. So if anyone with access to the drupal instance want to make
them, it would be nice. Bigger changes will need more work.

Regards,

Carl