context browser no longer shows relevant documentation?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 12:55:33 BST 2020

On Monday September 14 2020 09:31:24 Milian Wolff wrote:

Hi again,

>obviously not ideal as you are indicating, I'm just trying to figure out where
>the issue might be coming from.

I installed the 5.6 app image, created a mostly stock session, imported my current project into it (dedicated build dir, same cmake options) and can confirm that I see the same issue with current, non-deprecated KF5 headers.

For instance, in `KVirtualBGRenderer::initRenderers()` from kfrontend/krootimage.cpp (github:RJVB/kdm5.git) I don't get any documentation for the KConfigGroup class, but do get it for `KBackgroundRenderer`.

More generally speaking (= including Qt Help features), the documentation for Qt classes shows, or for the `connect()` function, but not for `qDeleteAll()`. That latter function looks like one of those for which I rarely got popup documentation, but I am pretty certain I used to get it for Qt class functions like `m_renderer.resize()` (QVector<T>::resize()).

All that said, I still had an app image lying around for KDevelop 5.2.0, and I get the exact same behaviour so whatever I (seem to) recall it's not from a recent version...

Can cmake and/or compiler options have any impact here?

R.