kdev-python in KDevelop 5.6.0

Francis Herne mail at flherne.uk
Tue Oct 6 11:34:28 BST 2020

On Tuesday, 6 October 2020 06:12:12 BST Kevin Funk wrote:
> Huhu,
>
> Maybe it's time to switch to a newer CentOS image altogether?
>
> The current appimage Dockerfile says we're still on 6.10, but that will be
> End-Of-Life end next month. Good time to upgrade?
>   https://wiki.centos.org/Download
>
> CentOS 7.x is a good candidate, it has a reasonably old base (got released
> 2014) which could make KDevelop work on wide range of distros.
>   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CentOS#Versioning_and_releases
>
> Also: Milian at this point has more current experience with AppImages due to
> KDAB duties; maybe he has some ideas regarding an image upgrade as well.⎄
>
> Regards,
> Kevin

That was Sven's suggestion on IRC too, I will try it out later.

I'm sure there'll be one disappointed user still working on RHEL 6, but they
have enough problems already.

Someone pointed me at https://appimage-builder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
index.html , which removes the need for building on ancient distro releases
altogether, but that's something to look at for 5.7 rather than a point
release.

-Francis