D18551: clang: Create preamble only on second parse

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 5 21:21:38 GMT 2020

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   Rene, I'm missing context - what are you replying to? This doesn't seem to be related to the preamble?

  Well, yes and no. If I'm not mistaken the goal in this PR is to limit resource "waste" by not generating lots of preambles unconditionally, whether they're to be used at once or not. Until now there have been proposed code changes that try to do this automatically, but I suppose you can also let the user intervene and cancel the jobs in charge of generating those preambles, i.e. the background parser jobs.

  There must be times anyone would like to be able to stop the full-project-parse-on-load even if they have oodles of disk and RAM, because it still can take a lot of time and CPU you'd prefer to spend on something else (think loading a huge session/project to debug a possibly already running application).

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D18551