KDevelop 5.6 beta 1 released

David Redondo kde at david-redondo.de
Mon Aug 31 13:00:51 BST 2020

Am Montag, 31. August 2020, 11:27:32 CEST schrieb René J.V. Bertin:
> Hi,
>
> 5.6 seems to introduce a new "intellisense" feature where errors are shown
> as if part of the source. That's not unuseful but I also find it rather
> invasive when coding. Would it be possible to hide the message as soon as
> you start modifying the code (rather than leaving them on until after the
> reparse is complete)? If that's not feasible, is it at least possible to
> hide the message on the line that you're modifying as soon as you start
> typing?
>
> Evidently that also implies not showing error messages for code that's being
> modified...
>
> R.

Hello René,

the feature as it works now uses the same method for querying about errors and
updating as other plugins. Notice that the squiggly lines also only disappear
after a reparse. I didn't have much time for KDevelop in the last time and
would have to check if it is feasible to not show an inline note in the line
that is currently being edited.

Of course if you find the feature useful not useful in any way or if it
distracts you to much, you can disable it in the Language Support settings.

Best regards,
David