running different version from its build directory?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 12:51:39 BST 2019

On Monday September 30 2019 13:25:10 Kevin Funk wrote:

Hi,

>Ideally you should /not/ have KDevelop libraries or plugins installed into a
>prefix which is automatically picked up by the runtime linker [1]; so, for
>instance, "/usr/lib".

Actually, that is already the case: all my KF5 stuff lives under /opt/local, which I have *not* configured in ldconfig (instead, I use rpaths and wrapper scripts that set LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

The interesting thing is that the reported issue goes away when I do *not* set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the dedicated wrapper script for the KDevelop test build.

Fortunately I'm not using any QML plugins with KDevelop because AFAICT there is no equivalent of QT_PLUGIN_PATH for those.

R.