problem reporter scope not always reset

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 10:48:10 BST 2019

Hi,

Here's something I just noticed, I'd like to know if it's a bug (or has already been fixed in a version > 5.3.2) before I file an issue:

- open the problem reporter view in current document scope
- unset "parse projects after opening"
- modify a file outside of KDevelop without having any documents open in KDevelop
- do a git/commit inside KDevelop without ever displaying the modified document
- the problem reporter view shows output from the modified document and will update it when you hit the refresh button, but no document should be open at this point.

AFAICT this doesn't happen if multiple files were modified, but when you do display one of those modified files the last one made current will remain displayed in the problem reporter view after exiting from the patch review mode.

On a related note, it seems all files modified externally are being reparsed automatically even if they're not open. I can imagine this is desirable behaviour for some (under normal development conditions) but for me it's mostly a waste of cycles to parse files that I'm not editing interactively and that are not being included by one of the documents I do have open for editing.

R.