[FIXED] Re: module "QtQuick.Layouts" version 1.6 is not installed??

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sun Oct 20 16:08:07 BST 2019

Am Sonntag, 20. Oktober 2019, 10:32:19 CEST schrieb René J. V. Bertin:
> Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Well, that was fast, a little too fast even, because
>
> > Please tell if this did not fix it as it should have.
>
> I found out that QtQuick.XmlListModel 2.7 is also too new for Qt 5.9 (Qt
> couldn't simply list all import errors instead of bailing at the first, of
> course...).
> QtQuick.XmlListModel 2.0 works for me, which I found out with repetitive use
> of
>
> `qmlplugindump -v QtQuick.XmlListModel X.Y | & tail`
>
> Those are the 2 only components that need changing though, and as far as I
> can tell the Welcome page functions as it should with those versions.

Meh... good to have you catching this. I start to be less surprised that Qt6
plans seems to involve dropping the versioning feature from QML :)

Now also went through all the import in the currently used QML files and
checked their doc.qt.io/archives/qt-5.7 documentation to compare what they
claim about their version at that Qt version, and seems what you found matches
what is written there. And with another commit just pushed so should now also
the QML imports of our welcome page do when it comes to what is available with
Qt 5.7.

> But
> that's something you probably have been able to verify yourself too.

Sadly myself have only systems available with openSUSE TW for testing, so Qt
5.13.1 right now, thus myself have to rely on you and others with different Qt
versions to test & report/fix issues.

Cheers
Friedrich