[FIXED] Re: module "QtQuick.Layouts" version 1.6 is not installed??

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sun Oct 20 01:08:37 BST 2019

Am Samstag, 19. Oktober 2019, 19:49:35 CEST schrieb René J.V. Bertin:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed this warning when NOT disabling the Welcome plugin:
>
> qrc:///qml/area_code.qml:23:1: module "QtQuick.Layouts" version 1.6 is not
> installed
>
> I'm building against Qt 5.9.8, so this shouldn't happen if the commit
> #3b5b643f1d300460238721be285649d9595799ce message is correct.
>
> I'm seeing this on Mac and on Linux, with my own patched Qt 5.9.8 but also
> with the official build from qt.io . The plugin itself is present
> (/path/to/share/qt5/qml/QtQuick/Layouts/libqquicklayoutsplugin.so; I have
> no idea how to query its actual version number) so something is fishy here.

Thanks for reporting, indeed that commit was broken when it comes to versions
of QtQuick.Layouts. That still needs to be "1.2" for Qt 5.7, as can be seen by
https://doc.qt.io/archives/qt-5.7/qtquicklayouts-overview.html
Not seen myself as I was on Qt 5.11 and later, and AppImage (while using Qt
5.9) does not use welcome plugin.

No idea why I had done it like that in the commit, either copied some bad
sample or was confused by the general version system of all those QtQuick
stuff (see https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtquickcontrols-index.html for how Qt
developers have been hunting for how to do versioning best ;) ).

Fix commit just pushed to 5.4 branch, should then be part of 5.4.3 once I get
to finally tar the sources etc (scheduled for upcoming Monday evening once
more).

Please tell if this did not fix it as it should have.

Cheers
Friedrich