D25494: Make tar archives reproducible by setting Pax headers

Aaron Puchert noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Nov 23 18:04:49 GMT 2019

aaronpuchert created this revision.
aaronpuchert added a reviewer: kfunk.
Herald added a project: KDevelop.
aaronpuchert requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  When POSIXLY_CORRECT is set, GNU tar will add ctime, atime and the PID
  of the tar process that created the archive, as pointed out in [1].
  To circumvent this, we set the Pax headers manually as recommended, but
  we only do this when SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH is set, i.e. reproducible builds
  are desired.

  [1] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/reproducible-website/merge_requests/50/diffs

TEST PLAN
  Repeated builds produce the same files now. Changing the input files'
  timestamps seems without effect.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

BRANCH
  pax-headers-reproducible

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D25494

AFFECTED FILES
  kdevplatform/cmake/modules/KDevPlatformMacros.cmake