CI system maintainability

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Thu Mar 28 09:52:24 GMT 2019

Hi,

(Sorry for top-posting)

I fear that a mandatory reviews would add too juch strain on smaller teams. If there's just one person with an intimate knowledge of the code-base, plus two co-developers, then who should do the reviews?

How about a distinction based on importance of a project instead? I.e. mandatory reviews for frameworks and any app that wants to be included in KDE apps releases. Non-mandatory reviews can then also come with a "price" to pay: if CI errors are not dealt with in a timely manner, you should be free to disable the CI for administrative reasons...

  Johannes