D21156: Fix browse mode not disabled after Ctrl is released

Milian Wolff noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 17 20:27:27 BST 2019

mwolff added a comment.

  In D21156#466636 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21156#466636>, @simgunz wrote:

  > In D21156#465844 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21156#465844>, @mwolff wrote:
  >
  > > you are removing a feature, but only partially - a lot of code would become superfluous by this change and should be cleaned up accordingly
  >

  > As rjvbb said, no feature have been removed. The feature is still there through the Alt key (as it was before), while not accessible anymore with the Ctrl key. There is no reason to have the same (undocumented) feature on two different keys. Moreover there is no code to cleanup, what is there is needed to have the feature working on the Alt key (at least for my understanding of the code, I have not noticed unuseful blocks).

  Removing the Ctrl key handling is the feature I mean you have removed.

  >> that said, how do you trigger the bug? for me ctrl + click works as intended, and I want to keep that functionality. please describe how to trigger the bug, then we can think about fixing it properly instead of removing the feature.
  >
  > The bug appears when the python plugin is installed and active.
  >  Steps to reproduce:
  >
  > - Select the editor
  > - Click and release Ctrl
  > - The cursor becomes and remains a hand
  >
  >   Beside the python plugin, I believe that also without it (when everything is working correctly) the code was wrong. See comment 15 on the bug report for a detailed explanation.

  That explanation is quite thorough, please fix the code then instead of removing the Ctrl key handling. Most notably, it sounds like all we need to do is special-case the release with something like `key == 0 && modifier == modifierForKey(m_browsingBykey)`

  > In D21156#465844 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21156#465844>, @mwolff wrote:
  >
  >> you are removing a feature, but only partially - a lot of code would become superfluous by this change and should be cleaned up accordingly
  >>
  >> that said, how do you trigger the bug? for me ctrl + click works as intended, and I want to keep that functionality. please describe how to trigger the bug, then we can think about fixing it properly instead of removing the feature.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D21156