KDevCustomMakeManager not finding make targets in autotools project

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Jun 17 20:22:49 BST 2019

On Donnerstag, 16. Mai 2019 19:28:17 CEST santilin wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> all of my C++ projects are configured using autotools. Some time ago, I
> could debug them using a bit of hacking, but now I can no longer debug them.
>
> One of the main visible problems is that the project manager can not
> find the make targets.
>
> First of all, I wonder if any of the project managers of kdevelop is
> specifically designed to work with autotools. I have found these ones:
>
> KDevCustomMakeManager => CustomMakefile Project Manager
>
> Compiles but can't find make targets

I believe this one should be used for autotools, assuming you ran autoreconf +
configure to generate the Makefiles externally. Most notably, the
MakeFileResolver should parse your Makefiles and find the targets therein.

It's quasi unmaintained since years. If it's not working as intended, then
your best bet is to dive into that code to figure out what's going on.

Some ideas:

- make files aren't found (out of source build? maybe that's not yet supported
by this manager?)
- make file isn't parsed properly

Hope that helps

--