AppImage builder down

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Mon Jun 3 07:07:55 BST 2019

Heya,

this is just to inform you that my build server running at home providing the
AppImage builds broke down a couple days ago. There's no replacement in sight.
We're also providing nightly AppImages which right now are no longer
downloadable [1]

We should get another AppImage builder up and running obviously, so I asked
around whether it's feasible to do that on KDE infrastructure. Apparently it
is.

Here are my notes from a conversation with bcooksley:

<bcooksley> kfunk: we do linux appimage builds for Krita and a couple of other
apps
<bcooksley> you'd just need to make your scripts work in the Ubuntu
14.04/16.04 images we use
<bcooksley> if you need to build dependencies, we have an established flow for
that too of course

<bcooksley> <https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/binary-factory-tooling/tree/
master/custom-jobs/kdenlive>
<bcooksley> are two examples

<bcooksley> in terms of things being picked up
<bcooksley> <https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/binary-factory-tooling/blob/
master/custom-jobs/current-jobs.json>
<bcooksley> has to be edited to include the new job (or jobs)
<bcooksley> Dependency Jobs should build anything like Frameworks/Qt/etc
<bcooksley> because building those every day is expensive

I don't see myself having time to work on it for at least this week, so if
anyone wants to work on this, be our guest.

The build scripts for the KDevelop appimage + Dockerfile are here:
  https://invent.kde.org/kde/kdevelop/tree/master/appimage

Regards,
Kevin

[1] https://www.kdevelop.org/download