Requests for highlight for KDevelop, KDev-PHP, KDev-Python 5.4 release announcement

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sun Jul 21 23:12:48 BST 2019

Hi,

if you remember any interesting things which will be new in KDevelop 5.4 and
which you would like to see highlighted in the announcement, please report
them here, and if possible, post screenshots (UI in English ideally, with
standard configuration) which could be used.

See the news about the 5.3 release, I would do follow that pattern:
	https://www.kdevelop.org/news/kdevelop-530-released

In previous minor releases we already highlighted things in the Beta release
announcement (cmp. https://www.kdevelop.org/news/kdevelop-5280-released ) but
then due to lack of resources just repeated stuff in the actual .0 release
news.

For the 5.4 Beta1 planned for tomorrow, I would just make this more a sneak
preview release, dropping some keywords to generate tension, but mainly
targetting distributions with the release to have them prepare the package
rules so at time of 5.4.0 in two weeks they just have to changes numbers
ideally and can flush out 5.4.0 to their users.
Because usually no-one else gives such releases a test run, curious people
shall try harder ;) Still considering to do an AppImage for the Beta, if I
manage to.

So we have 2 weeks now to prepare some more complete 5.4.0 release note.

Cheers
Friedrich