5.4 is branched, string & feature freeze in 5.4,

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sun Jul 21 23:09:45 BST 2019

Hi,

first milestone for 5.4 has been passed, branches are created, versions
bumped and pushed to repos for kdevelop, kdev-python, kdev-php.

>From now on for 5.4 please:
* only bug fixes
* respect freeze for translated strings
  (translators can be asked for exceptions)

The master branch continues to be open for new features and string changes,
no change there.

If you so far have been using KDevelop from self-built master or 5.3 for your
work, please consider running the 5.4 branch for a bit now, to help testing
what will get released to users.

Further schedule right now:

Monday, 22th July:
* 5.4 Beta 1 release

Monday, 5th August (2 weeks after Beta 1):
* 5.4.0 release, unless release blockers found

5.4.x releases then weekly for 2 weeks, after that monthly, to keep pushing
fixes to users. Release dates skipped though if there is no (relevant) commit
in any of kdevelop/kdev-python/kdev-php.

I act as release manager/coordinator for 5.4, so do not hesitate to poke me
for any needs/questions.

Cheers
Friedrich