D22424: TextDocument: remove actions from contextmenu on hide already

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jul 18 14:12:49 BST 2019

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   Please add a line
  >
  >     qDebug() << "Showing context menu" << menu;
  >
  >   to KDevelop::TextDocument::populateContextMenu.

  How do you think I debugged the situation? I did the same thing in Kate too.

  If memory serves me well but I did not see what you are seeing but that can have been in Kate, which I tend to consider as the reference of how all things KTE should work. I recall quite clearly thinking that KXMLGUI caches UI elements for a reason and that it's not "normal" if it recreates them.
  I really don't have time right now to revisit this but there is no longer a hurry. I'll activate the debug trace on change of my `lastShownMenu` though; the fact it's there does suggest that I too have seen menu instance changes under certain conditions.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D22424