How to make the CTags plugin default disabled for only KDevelop, but not Kate?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 18:18:03 BST 2019

Kevin Funk wrote:

> Example:
>   export KDEV_DISABLE_PLUGINS=KDevWelcomePage
>
> A plugin's ID can be found in the "Id" key in the plugin's .json file.
> </hack alert>

That particular plugin has been disabled on my system more or less since I moved
to the 5.x series (KDevelop 4.x had a useful "dashboard" feature that I think
was part of the welcome plugin, but was dropped).

Anyway, there should be an easier way to obtain the Id: via the Help/Loaded
Plugins dialog for instance. Or there could be a button somewhere that pops open
a window that has a KDEV_DISABLE_PLUGINS value for all plugins currently not
enabled. It would also refer to the documentation section that explains how to
set the variable persistently on the various supported platforms.

That would almost be as good (for me) as the interface I outlined above.

R.