D16882: [KDevelop/Shell] prevent duplicate added contextmenu actions

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jul 12 16:39:03 BST 2019

kossebau added a comment.

  In D16882#494702 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16882#494702>, @rjvbb wrote:

  > Please check the earlier discussion; IIRC there is a reliability problem with that signal, and I did try reverting to its use before coming up with the current solution.

  I read indeed the very discussion before, a few times even (see also that I fixed the link to the blog post in the commit message of mine) :)
  Initially I hoped we could just go with your patch and be done, but I wanted to understand the problem in details first, to not have to rely on IIRC and vague commit messages and historic situations .And when doing so I found nothing which actually prevent to use that signal, but rather some issue in the original commit which tried to use it. So please take some time to read the text about that patch to understand why I rather went to propose that as altenativenow.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D16882