D17908: kdevelop-msvc.bat finds VS-2017 based on a registry key on Windows.

Simon Redman noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 8 16:42:13 BST 2019

sredman added a comment.

  Hello

  Unfortunately, I have a problem with using the batch file from this diff on my system.

  F6991413: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6991413>

  This is without my changes (D21589 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21589>), exactly the version currently on master

  I do not have VS 2017 installed, only VS 2019 Community and VS 2015 Enterprise. As you can see, the path detected is to my VS 2015 installation, but the terminal output is the code path for the VS2017 handling (See lines 36-49 of app/windows/kdevelop-msvc.bat)

  Loosely, this seems to be because my Windows registry for `HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\SxS\VS7` says `C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\`

  @Petross404 are you still around? Do you have any documentation references for how Microsoft expects the registry to look with regard to which key should contain the Visual Studio installation path? (I don't know if such documentation even exists...)

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D17908