D18551: clang: Create preamble only on second parse

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 30 09:06:11 GMT 2019

rjvbb added a comment.

  So there should indeed be some real-world benchmarking data to do a cost/benefit analysis that includes the human-in-the-loop aspect and huge projects like the ones Aaron uses. We already have an estimated 10% gain for a full reparse of a small project after its initial import.

  I'm attaching two potential useful personal patches that add timing on the project import and parsing in case anyone else wants to look at such data, the patch that allows to reparse a loaded project without reloading it is D11934 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11934> .

  F6576260: patch-bg-parser-tweaks.diff <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6576260>
  F6576261: patch-defer-parsing.diff <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6576261>

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop