D18551: clang: Create preamble only on second parse

Aaron Puchert noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 26 15:33:43 GMT 2019

aaronpuchert created this revision.
aaronpuchert added reviewers: KDevelop, mwolff, brauch.
Herald added a project: KDevelop.
aaronpuchert requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Instead of creating preambles for all files in a project, we only create
  them when a translation unit is parsed for a second time, usually
  because it's edited. The serialization of the preamble takes time, and
  probably doesn't make sense when we throwing it away soon after without
  using it again.

TEST PLAN
  The initial parsing of a project doesn't create any preamble files
  anymore, but they appear when files are edited.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

BRANCH
  build-preamble-on-reparse