Tests hanging on CI

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Sun Jan 20 18:55:16 GMT 2019

On Sunday, 20 January 2019 14:39:06 CET Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Is there no way to somehow log by the test execution environment what other
> processes a test triggers and collect them as last resort, if the test
> itself fails to do so? Or could any such processes be somehow explicitly
> registered somewhere. so the test environment can gracefully pick up the
> parts on a crashed test?

FWIW, I tried to fix this, but couldn't reproduce the stray process locally :/
The code looks like it should reap the process, as well, at least when it
succeeds.

Killing child processes reliably is not easily possible afaik, unless you put
them into a cgroup and then kill the cgroup (which is what e.g. systemd does).

Sorry to not be of more help,
Sven