D17278: Meson plugin: First working version

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 4 16:20:41 GMT 2019

rjvbb added a comment.

  > arrowd accepted this revision.
  >  arrowd added a comment.

  > Maybe KDevelop has to be installed in a system directory (/usr) for this to work?

  KDevelop itself not, but the icons evidently have to be installed in the appropriate location. I agree that having an icon isn't crucial, but there's no point wasting space on icon files if they don't show.

  >   I've tested some basic scenarios and it at least doesn't crash. I'd say this can be pushed. Let's wait for a couple of days first, though.

  I won't get around to testing this until (hopefully the beginning of) next week but if it works I will probably not have much to add except a strong suggestion I can just as well make now (with apologies if your code already does this).
  Experience with cmake has taught me that confusion (as well as parsing and/or build errors) can arise if you configure a project to use a build dir that has a symlink somewhere in its path unless you work with canonicalised build dir (and possibly source dir) paths in the project manager. This is all the more true if you also use meson/make/ninja on the project via a shell instead of exclusively through KDevelop.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

BRANCH
  meson_initial_phabricatorSucks (branched from master)

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D17278