D18229: Contextbrowser: Ability to show combined problems and decl tooltip

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 24 08:33:14 GMT 2019

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   Omitting the problem tooltip if it's large makes it a bit unpredictable to the user. He/she then won't know in advance whether hovering over a location that might show a combined tooltip will actually show it or not.

  True, which is why I wouldn't have thought of combined popups myself (and planned to remove those initially). But I'm not sure what's worse, often getting a wall-of-text-in-your-face popup or not being entirely certain what you'll get. You'd always get the information that changes as a function of where on the line you hover (the decl. popup), and I think this is a feature that users learn about while using the product anyway.

  I'd have to use my version a bit longer on my large screen to see how I react to this aspect; it could be an additional argument in favour of putting the decl. popup in top (because it's the part that changes).

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D18229