KDevelop (running session) stuck in loop after opening a directory

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 09:56:14 GMT 2019

On Friday February 15 2019 10:42:23 Milian Wolff wrote:

>Please tell us the exact steps to reproduce. I cannot reproduce.

This happens to me in the 5.3 branch head, with subdirectories from a clone of github:RJVB/macstrop imported via the custom make project manager. It is irrelevant if the project is open in the session that receives the open command.
My initial impression that this only happens with directories part of a git working copy now appears incorrect.

I'm attaching a backtrace of the thread that seems relevant.

What surprises me is that with KDevelop paused by the debugger (attached after the issue was triggered) I see 30-40% CPU load in the plasma-desktop process. So this may be relevant too: I'm still running a Plasma4 desktop environment. What could KDevelop be triggering in the Plasma stuff when it is opening a directory? This time that effect on the plasma desktop remained after I killed KDevelop so it may be related to having attached the debugger.

I'm also seeing a high load of the (KDE4) kuiserver process as well as the DBus, and actually get a notification popup after I kill KDevelop with a SIGHUP, so notifications may be involved -- but I disabled all project-loading related notifications in KDevelop!

R.