D18551: clang: Create preamble only on second parse

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 13 08:49:11 GMT 2019

rjvbb added a comment.

  Well, if among developers you cannot find a solution that covers all use cases a configurable setting (applying only to setting the preamble-on-first parse flag or not) could well be the only compromise. And this one doesn't have to be hard to understand, which doesn't mean it has to (probably means that it should not) indicate exactly what it does.

  > I would rather make sure that the currently active document (meaning it has keyboard focus) is always up-to-date.

  But that's a different issue, isn't it? Can the parser even be expected to react to chages to a headerfile that don't lead to a change notification?

  > way more annoying than the first code completion having some delay.

  Oh yes, there are many things way more annoying than that. Like the fact that the parser can probably never know when you're done with an edit and only then start parsing instead of belching out errors about unfinished changes ;) Or when not to apply a seemingly obvious code completion which you then have to correct manually

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D18551