KDevelop (running session) stuck in loop after opening a directory

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 11:12:28 GMT 2019

Hi,

I wanted to open a file from the commandline in a running KDevelop session but sent the enclosing directory by accident. This gave me a timeout ("Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)"). KDevelop basically froze (I had to send it a HUP to do a "harder but still graceful exit").

Judging from the scintillating window in which I could just make out that it says Progress some kio agent must be launched and relaunched at maximum speed.

As far as I can tell this happens when the directory in question is a subdirectory of a git working copy; when I copy the directory outside of any other git project the issue disappears and I get a normal project import dialog.

Is there an easy way (that doesn't involve digging through a load of threads in a debugger) to determine which agent is being launched, or is there a way to stop the cycle that doesn't involve killing the session? (FWIW, the clean exit triggered by SIGINT and SIGTERM gets stuck, only the SIGHUP processing from my D16218 gives a clean exit that doesn't corrupt the cache.)

R.