D23321: Indicate appsteam the ps desktop file isn't a separate application

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 22 15:57:03 BST 2019

kossebau accepted this revision.
kossebau added a comment.

  In D23321#516037 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23321#516037>, @apol wrote:

  > In D23321#516025 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23321#516025>, @kossebau wrote:
  >
  > > In D23321#516020 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23321#516020>, @apol wrote:
  > >
  > > > Don't mention the ps desktop file as the executable
  > >

  > > It was mentioned on purpose though, cmp. commit message of ab22ca659cf337fc1de01d69b0ced949156f01e5 <https://phabricator.kde.org/R32:ab22ca659cf337fc1de01d69b0ced949156f01e5> (result of discussion on #kdevelop <https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/kdevelop/> with @flherne )
  >

  > The reason there is weird. When you press "launch" on the software center you expect to get the IDE, not an empty list of sessions.

  The reasoning is coming from people who already have kdevelop sessions on their system.

  Thinking more about it, possibly more often people will launch kdevelop from the installer after first installation than on updates. And I agree for those new to KDevelop reaching directly the shell window with the welcome screen is the better experience.
  If people complain because they want the session chooser dialog, we could still add the _ps desktop file as alternative launcher later :)

  To 5.4 branch, please.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

BRANCH