Is there a kdevelop-user list?

rhkramer at gmail.com rhkramer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 00:47:04 BST 2019

Is there a kdevelop-user list?

If not, is this the best place to ask user oriented questions?

(Some to start, and some background:)

I want to learn to use kdevelop (an older version, kdevelop 4.7.0 on kde
4.14.2, on Debian Jessie).

Some background:

I intend to use it initially to read and try to understand code written by
others for a C++ project (specifically Scintilla and Scite).  I expect to have
need to run diffs of one file against another, and apply patches, but I won't be
compiling from kdevelop as I need to build the system in a chroot jail with a
more modern G++ compiler than comes with Jessie (iirc, it needs features of
C++ 14 and 17 -- I already have a chroot jail built that successfully compiles
the code for me).

I'd like to find a tutorial that deals with how to use kdevelop to import and
then "work on" (as described above) existing projects (rather than starting
from scratch to build a project.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!