D18224: Clang Plugin: Report some problems from included files

Thomas Schöps noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 15 23:59:42 BST 2019

thomassc added a comment.

  > Upon reopening a file, we should only update the problems of changed files that got updated. Otherwise we should only grab the TU for the main .cpp file and attach it, such that we can do code completion.

  If I understand this correctly, then perhaps something does not behave as it should there, since in some cases, a lot of files' problems seem to get updated when re-opening a file, including lots of system headers that certainly haven't changed. In other cases, no calls to ParseSession::problemsForFile() are made. It seems that the first case can be triggered by making changes to a header, closing it without saving, and then re-opening it.

  > Apparently you've figured out that this statement is wrong :)

  Yes, I am really sorry here, as I apparently got confused thoroughly. I think that I first introduced a bug to the cache myself that caused the described behavior, and then I observed a similar symptom with the original code (which however came from another bug), which lead me to strongly believe that this same issue that I had introduced must have been present in the original version as well ... this should really not happen. The other bug is that sometimes, KDevelop reports that include guards are missing in a header, when there is actually a #pragma once there. I don't know yet why this happens, but it is possibly unrelated here.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D18224