D18551: clang: Create preamble only on second parse

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 15 10:01:58 BST 2019

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   Do you mean something like `#include <Foo>` which then contains a `#include <foo.h>`?

  Yes.

  >   We obviously should use the full include chain which will cover all files, not only direct includes.

  This kind of circles back to earlier discussions we had about monitoring file changes and how that's not always as simple as adding another inotify thingy. If anything it would be mostly a waste to monitor a header that only serves to include another header (except in the unlikely event the forward changes).

  Is it even up to KDevelop to detect changes in all files that should trigger a reparse of a given translation unit or does libclang take care of that?

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D18551