D15565: Fix bug 389060 (Heaptrack analysis keeps firing /usr/bin/plasmoidviewer)

Anton Anikin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 29 11:02:11 BST 2018

antonanikin added a comment.

  > Is there a chance those aspects could be split out into separate patches?
  >  Also still hoping for a variant of the bug fix patch which does not need a string freeze break, if possible.

  Hi, Friedrich, sorry for delay. I think we should push it as is. Since current (wrong) logic of plugin controller we can have execute plugin unloaded with heaptrack loaded in same time. But execute plugin is really needed for plugin work so to don't break strings freeze we can only silently stop heaptrack analysis which is wrong and ugly. I think user should receive normal feedback.

  So I suggest wait for 5.3 release and push this after. The patch will be available at 5.3.1 correcting release. Your opinion?

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D15565