D15694: Make implicit fallthroughs a compiler error, remove unneeded breaks

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 28 08:51:10 BST 2018

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   Attributes are not keywords — they're a (C++-specific) generic syntax that was introduced with C++11.
  >   Again, the idea is not starting from scratch, but introducing small changes that reduce the number of errors programmers

  With all due respect ... tomato tomato (I don't know phonetic spelling, sorry)...

  My point here was that making a whatever-you-call it more or less obligatory in something that is (used to be) shared with a closely related language introduces unnecessary confusion ("wait, am I writing C or C++ here"). And extra overhead when reusing algorithms between those languages.
  I don't see any good reason why the same syntax wouldn't be used in C. And I wasn't thinking of a complete overhaul of the syntax, only of the statement name, in this case ("multi" instead of "switch", for instance).

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D15694