D9344: [KDevelop] : [fixed] consistent use of the project name allowing to create multiple projects in a single source tree

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 28 08:28:27 BST 2018

rjvbb added a comment.

  In any situation where we'd already be overwriting the settings file but where there are other projects defined in the same sourcetree. The summary of this DR argues how and why that could be the case.

  In practice I rarely find myself overwriting an existing settings file now that I can (again) add a new project and the .kdev4 files are named after the project.

  From your answer on T6262 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T6262> it seems that the presence of the .kdev4 directory was never the issue, but presence of an existing settings file. A proper solution would be to delete just the settings file, if overwriting is to be done. That would make my current workaround a lot easier: no more need for an extra dialog, nor (probably) to change the scope for the `shouldAsk` variable.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL